Mentoring Program Returns
The AWWA/NWEA Mentoring Program returns for its second year: Sign up to be a mentor or mentee today!
Mentoring Program Structure
Sign up to participate in the program:
- Both mentors and proteges need to complete the mentoring program survey to be paired up.
- Please complete the survey by Monday, September 30th, 2019
Mentors and proteges are paired up:
- Mentors and proteges will be paired up with the plan to have the program start in early October
Attend a plant tour and networking events (optional):
- Tours will be scheduled throughout the year to visit a drinking water plant and a wastewater treatment plant -- stay tuned for more info after you've signed up!
- If there is enough interest, vendor equipment demonstrations may be planned for learning opportunities.
- A mentor/mentee "speed interview" session may be organized to allow students a chance to meet with a wide variety of professionals from the industry.
Engage in the mentoring process:
- Commit to a minimum of 4 to 6 hours over the course of a year for meeting with your mentor or protege to interact and learn from each other.
- These can be 1-hour meetings every other month over the course of the year
- These can be meetings in person, over the phone, etc.
Attend local conferences (optional)
- Matthew Thompson - (402) 657-8711
- Hayden DeLay - (402) 926-7075