The Education Committee cooperates in the delivery of education training programs with the League of Nebraska Municipalities, Nebraska Rural Water Association and Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services, provides a display on AWWA educational material at the annual Fall Conference, and works with other committees, organizations, and groups on training and the transfer of information, such as the Children's Groundwater Festival.
Educational tools for member development
Resources to help with public outreach
Demonstration tools and models
Handouts, brochures, and flyers
- "Water wonderful" activity book (with teacher activity guide)
- "Water fun for you" coloring book
- "Go green with a water-smart lawn"
- "Water: The original health drink"
- "Do you know how often you turn me on?"
- "Water conservation at home"
- "55 facts, figures, and follies of water conservation"
- "A consumer's guide to water conservation"
- "The story of drinking water" (with booklet and teacher activity guide)
- "Our water cycle"
- "Whaddya know about H2O?"
If you see something you like in the AWWA Bookstore
, please contact a member of the Education Committee and let them know. It may be something we can add to our section library.