2016 EFCN Leadership Workshop
Strong communication and decision making skills make a successful leader, and leadership happens at every level. Public works directors, water and wastewater utility managers, water and wastewater operators, and finance staff need to effectively communicate with rate payers, boards, funding and regulatory agencies, and staff. Good communication and decision-making skills improve effectiveness, from internal decision-making processes to communicating with regulatory bodies, ratepayers, and funding agencies.
- What: Workshop on Leadership Through Decision-Making and Communication for Small Water Systems
- Location: Carol Joy Holling Center, 27416 Ranch Rd, Ashland, NE 68003
- Day 1: Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Day 2: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 8:30am to 12:30 pm
- Cost: Complimentary. Please register to reserve your spot.
- CEUs: This workshop has been submitted to the state for CEUs.
This workshop is designed for local government drinking water system managers, clerks, treasurers, elected officials, and others who budget and/or set rates as well as staff at privately owned water systems who are responsible for finance and management. The workshop is targeted to water systems serving 10,000 or fewer people (though systems of any size may attend), particularly systems facing financial challenges. Consultants and technical assistance providers serving water systems are also invited to attend.