Report from the Chair
Thanks to the Board and Membership for our continued success in benefiting our members with high quality, career growth opportunities including training, networking and growing industry relationships. As we reflect on my tenure as Chair of the Section, we can mark many successes during the year.
- Tom Menke and Angel Lowery attended the RMSO in Custer, SD in May.
- The Young Professionals developed a YP SOP and shared with AWWA Committee Chairs and Membership.
- With the departure of Mike Koenig as Treasurer, the Board was challenged with a sudden change to the Treasurer and incoming Vice Chair positions. The Board moved swiftly to name incoming Treasurer Angel Lowery as Secretary/Treasurer and opted to have Brian Gongol do the unofficial Secretary and official Vice Chair positions, per the Bylaws.
- The South Dakota Section liked our SOP's so much they used them to develop their own. Thanks, Teresa Konda, for helping to develop those in 2010.
- John Keith organized the Small Systems conference in December 2022 at no cost to attendees.
- Maggie Vaulman of AWWA helped us update the Bylaws to current standards.
- Thanks to Angel Lowery for her work with the Committee Chairs to revise the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ben Day and I led the effort to develop the ACE 2050 Time Capsule which included a Nebraska logo (No Water No Beef), photographs, and information related to the water industry in 2023.
- The YP's led the effort with a booth at World O' Water in Omaha in September 2023. Thanks, YP's Abhijeet Saraf and Abby Kigin!
- AWWA furnished the Water Equation Lanyards to promote funding for workforce advancement, scholarships, students, young professionals, and Community Engineering Corps
- The Membership Engagement and Development Committee increased membership to 325 as of October 16, 2023. This is growth of 20 members year over year. Nice work, Chuck Seuferer!
Please welcome Greg Brekel (NDEE) as the new Cross Connections Committee Chair. We are still in search of a Small Systems Committee Chair.
Again, thanks to all our membership for making 2022-2023 a great year! Please welcome our new Chair, John Keith from Lincoln Water, who will lead us in 2023-2024.