Report from the Director
As we attend this last Board meeting of 2023, I wanted to say Congratulations to the Section Board and Chair Mark Rosso on a successful year. Thank you to John Keith for organizing the conference for us this year and welcome to Christian Spitzley, our friend and AWWA VP from Michigan. I also want to thank all the committee chairs and members who have continued to serve the Section and provide all of the support and services that our members have come to rely on.
As we close out 2023, let's look forward to 2024 with some important activities:
- The Association winter board meeting will take place on January 11th and 12th in Sedona, Arizona.
- The Membership Summit will take place January 24th-26th in Denver, Colorado.
- The 2024 Regional Meeting of Section Officers - Region 3 will take place on April 28-30, 2023 in Green Bay, Wisconsin. This will include an opportunity to tour Lambeau Field.
- ACE 2024 will take place June 10-13, 2024, in Anaheim, California, with Association Executive and Board meetings taking place prior to the conference.
I'll remind everyone to read the weekly Section Services newsletters. I want to highlight some other information from recent Section Services newsletters:
- November is American Indian and Alaska Native Heritage Month. The Section Service website has material that the Section can use to promote this month as well as other observance months.
- AWWA Section Services have created an AWWA Leadership Certification online program consisting of the following topics:
- Course 1: AWWA's History, Purpose, and Organization Structure
- Course 2: AWWA and Sections
- Course 3: Governance
- Course 4: Membership
- Course 5: Resources
In closing, thank you to all our volunteers and for all the good work you do. The Board continues to be flexible and nimble in handling changes to the Board this year and you all have worked very hard to continue to do the great things the Section does. I'm proud of how we represent AWWA.