Amended Report of the Nominations Committee
The slate of candidates for 2023/2024 was originally sent to the membership (posted to the Section website) on July 7, 2023. Due to changes on the board due to a resignation, the slate of candidates has been amended.
The elections will take place during the Nebraska Section's Annual Business Meeting, which begins at 1:30 pm on Wednesday, November 1, 2023, at the Younes Conference Center in Kearney, Nebraska. At that time, nominations will also be taken from the floor. If elected, these nominees will fill the terms from November 2023 through November 2024 or 2025, depending upon the office requirements to which they are elected, as stated below.
2023/2024 Nominees Recommended for Election
- Chair-Elect - Ryan Hurst (Small Utility) - through November 2024
- Vice-Chair - Brian Gongol (Manufacturer's Rep.) - through November 2024
- Treasurer/Secretary* - Angel Lowery (Engineer) - 2-year term continues through November 2025 (Treasurer only)
- Trustee - Jessica Johnson (Regulator) - 2-year term continues through November 2025
- Trustee - Joe Roberts (Engineer) - 2-year term continues through November 2025
* - The Association and the Section bylaws only allow the Secretary/Treasurer position to be combined. Angel has agreed to fill both positions for the next year to complete the remaining secretary term. Brian Gongol has agreed to (unofficially) support Angel in these duties since she is a first-time Treasurer. The Secretary position will be filled in November 2024 and start a new 2-year term.
2023/2024 Officers Not Requiring a Nomination
- Chair - John Keith (Large Utility) - through November 2024
- Director - Ben Day (Engineer) - term continues through June 2025
- Past-Chair - Marc Rosso (Large Utility) - automatic term through November 2024
- Trustee - Chris Miller (Engineer) - second term - through November 2024
- Trustee - Tom Menke (Small Utility) - through November 2024